Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces that Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
Review and Analysis of Catmull and Wallace's Book
The must-read summary of Ed Catmull and Amy Wallace’s book: “Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces that Stand in the Way of True Inspiration”.
This complete summary of the ideas from Ed Catmull and Amy Wallace’s book: “Creativity, Inc.” explains how to create a work environment in which employees work together effectively and never lose their creativity. A great culture is crucial for new ideas to keep coming up. Once this culture is created, it must also be protected from potential risks.
This summary develops the seven core principles used by Pixar Animation Studios:
1. Always have the approach that quality is the best business plan of all
2. Don’t look at failure as a necessary evil – instead it’s a necessary consequence
3. Work on the basis that people are more important than ideas
4. Prepare for the unknown because random events are going to happen
5. Don’t confuse the process with the goal of making something great
6. Everybody should be able to talk with anybody in your organisation at all times
7. When giving candid feedback, make sure you give good notes
Added-value of this summary:
– Save time
– Understand the the key principles behind creativity
– Create a fertile environment for new ideas
To learn more, read “Creativity, Inc.” and build a creative culture as successful as Pixar’s!